Erin + Mike | 6.18.2011 | Wedding Film Trailer by Orange Wedding Films

Lake Geneva. One of my dream locations to capture a wedding, and my dream came true on June 18th. Charlie and I drove up in the morning, enjoying the longer than usual wedding day, and getting excited about Erin and Mike’s wedding. Grand Geneva Resort in Lake Geneva is a very special place for them, and it was their dream to get married there. So that makes two of us, right? (or four..?)
I took my wife and kids to Lake Geneva for impulsive day off trip, and I absolutely fell in love with this place (you can watch the video here).
When Charlie and I walked into the salon where Erin and her friends were getting pampered, Erin was shouting at everyone saying “hey, everyone, this is JJ!!!” It certainly was one of the biggest welcome that we received. That pretty much set the tone of the day, and we were feeling nothing but love. At the hotel room, Erin set a small statue of Maria on the corner of table facing east for praying not to rain that day. Someone heard the prayer and answered right back with beautiful weather. They wrote their own vows that allowed us to learn a lot about their love. Very emotional and beautiful for sure. Everywhere we look was photogenic and I was like a little kid in the candy store with shooting details and the couple.
Reception was full of emotional speeches and fun ones, too. Dance floor was packed all night, and thanks to Mike from MDM Entertainment doing great job. Photo was done by Reuben from Fred Fox and he was great to work once more.
I want to also give a special thanks to Marlene from Grand Geneva Resort who was really sweet to the couple and vendors that day. I could tell she was more than a venue manager, but more like a friend.
Enjoy the trailer, and congratulations to Erin and Mike!

Erin + Mike | 6.18.2011 | Wedding Film Trailer by Orange Wedding Films from Orange Wedding Films on Vimeo.



No comments: