Shelly + Neel | 8.25-27.2011 | Next/Same Day Edit by Orange Wedding Films

Food, music, dance, great people, awesome couple... 3 days in a row. What more can I ask? On top of that, I was able to share what I captured through my eyes with family and friends during the reception on day 3. So here is what my day was like starting Thursday till Saturday midnight. On Thursday, leaving my studio at 5PM, traveled to Chesterton, IN (2 hours with 1 hour of traffic caused by I-90 construction) at Shelly's parent's house for Mehandi night. It was so great to see many familiar faces from Sakshi and Manoj's wedding back in April! It was amazing experience watching mendhi being put on Shelly's arm and leg along with other ladies' hand. Singing and dancing continued throughout the night, and tons of food to eat! We also witnessed one of the cutest 5 year old boy who can dance better than most of us! Gotta see that on the full film! So I left their house around 10:30PM, went to studio, backed up all the files, then went home around 1AM. Woke up next morning, looking through footage from Thursday evening, and edit to start the next/same day edit. Then I left my house around 5PM to go to Downers Grove for Sangeet evening. Again, there were numbers of amazing performance (and some surprises by Neel's mad dance move!) and tons of food. I came back home around 11:30PM, backed up files, took a quick shower, then edited Sangeet portion till 3:30AM.
I woke up at 6AM to be at Westin in Lombard by 8AM to capture Shelly and Neel getting ready for their big day! Weather was just gorgeous which was perfect for baraat outside where Neel was riding on a horse carriage while his family and friends danced their way to entrance of the hotel for the ceremony. The decor and details at the ceremony was simply breathtaking. The beauty of decor continued on to reception! This one, I will make sure to add on the trailer (which will be released right before the DVD release). Those center pieces were the tallest that I've ever seen!
Always great working with Leo from Fragola Productions, and Raja was the DJ who did great job throughout the evening! And thanks to all the planners at the Westin.
So here it is. Hope you all enjoy it, and the biggest thanks to Shelly and Neel! Congratulations, you two!








No comments: